Today, mobile accessory company olloclip launched a new set of iPhone camera lenses specifically for the iPhone X. Called the Connect X Lens System, the system contains a fisheye lens, two macro lenses, two wide-angle lenses, and a telephoto lens, and also includes a newly-designed mount that fits over both the front facing camera and the dual rear-facing cameras. (It unfortunately also covers the TrueDepth camera though, meaning that unless you're only using single lens configuration, you'll have to remove the mount any time you want to use Face ID).
Each olloclip lens is designed using premium multi-element glass optics in order to augment your iPhone's camera in really cool ways, allowing you to take shots that that a phone isn't usually capable of without you having to lug around clunkier, more difficult-to-use equipment. The system provides a certain adaptability as well — there are lenses for multiple different situations, so you can make sure you're always getting the best shot as opposed to confining yourself to the native lenses' capabilities. Here are the six new lenses and two accessories offered individually in the Connect X System, according to olloclip's announcement:
- Super-Wide: A four-element lens with more than 120° visibility.
- Ultra-Wide: A 155° action camera field-of-view.
- Fisheye + Macro 15x: Unique 180° wide-anglespherical effect plus 15x increased magnification.
- Telephoto: 2x optical zoom to get twice as close to the action. (Note that to align instantly with the iPhone X telephoto camera, users can easily flip the individual Connect lens within the clip and double the effect of the lens. This helps you achieve greater optical zoom and magnification with Telephoto and Macro lenses.)
- Macro 14x + 7x: Get detail oriented and see beyond the naked eye.
- Macro 21x: Go in for the ultimate close-up.
- Expanding Lens Mount: Opens to easily accommodate all screen protectors and intuitively aligns with both front and rear cameras with no extra parts needed.
- Pendant Stand: Designed to easily carry the iPhone X lens set and can be opened to form a pocket-sized tripod. Perfect for holding the phone to shoot stabilized video, live streaming, time-lapses or simply watch a movie.
Tim DeBrincat, Director of Marketing at olloclip, shared the company's enthusiasm for the multitude of new products and changes to branding rolling out today in a statement:
We are thrilled to introduce several new and exciting solutions that allow customers to enhance their iPhone camera's perspective beyond its built-in capabilities. Under new leadership this year, olloclip is re-committed to delivering easy-to-use, quality lenses with the features consumers have asked for. Alongside the new solutions, we're proud to introduce an updated logo and brand image to reflect how olloclip has evolved as a company and our focus moving into the future.
In addition to the new Connect X Lens System, olloclip also introduced a new flip-able, more cost effective single-lens version of the system designed for the iPhone 8/7 and iPhone 8 Plus/7 Plus, meant for individuals who didn't necessarily want to shell out all the money for the iPhone X but still want to play around a bit. The same six lenses available in the iPhone X set are individually available in this system.
If you'd like to get your hands on one (or a few) olloclip lenses, you can check them out on olloclip's website or by clicking the link below. The iPhone 8/7 and 8 Plus/7 Plus lenses range from $49.99 to $79.99 in price, and the iPhone X lenses are available individually from $59.99 to $79.99 or in the Mobile Photography Box Set that comes with three lenses for $99.99.
Do you use olloclip accessories? What has your experience with them been like? Share in the comments below!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.