Gotta love the style and grace of how Flexibits handles updating for the big fall releases. I somehow missed it when it went live a day or so ago, but I'm the new Fantastical 2.10 for iPhone — and Apple Watch — and Fantastical 2.10 for iPad now, and I plan on diving into its Shortcuts over the weekend.
Siri Shortcuts allow you to bring Fantastical directly into custom Siri phrases and other shortcuts. Here are some examples of what you can do with Fantastical's shortcuts:
- Set a phrase such as "Hey Fantastical" to automatically open Fantastical to quickly begin creating a new event or reminder using Fantastical's parser
- Show upcoming events or reminders as part of a custom shortcut using the Shortcuts app
- Jump to a specific reminders list by creating a button on the home screen with the Shortcuts app
- And more: You can see all of Fantastical's available shortcuts in the Settings app under Fantastical
"Hey, Siri, Cinnamon Toast Crunch me!"
"Okay, I'll remind you to set up shortcuts and share them with @macguitar."
Here's the full list for those who're into such things:
- Full support for iOS 12 and watchOS 5
- Support for Siri Shortcuts: Quickly add new events, view upcoming events and reminders, and view calendars or reminder lists with Siri Shortcuts
- Updated interactive notifications: Snooze alerts for events and reminders directly from iOS notifications
- Support for Infograph watch faces
- Support for Siri watch face
- Fantastical 2 now requires iOS 11 or later and watchOS 4 or later
- Various fixes and improvements
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Twitter opens up voice tweets to more iOS users
After letting a limited group of people test voice tweets in June, Twitter is now opening the option up to more iOS users.
Microsoft testing Word and Excel trackpad support for iPad
Microsoft has rolled out testing for trackpad support within its Word and Excel apps for iPad.
iPhone 12 64GB model incoming, says leaker, shipments start next week
Leaker Jon Prosser has confirmed that the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 will both feature a 64GB storage option, despite previous reports Apple would be ditching the smallest configuration this year. Apple's iPhone 12 Pro lineup will start at 128GB.
All the limited and special edition Nintendo Switch consoles you can buy
Don't want your Nintendo Switch to look like everyone else's? These limited edition Switch consoles will stand out in a crowd—and you can buy one today.