With iOS 7, Siri gets improvements. It's no longer beta, and it adds new functionality thanks to deals with new partner services. The interface has changed, and for the first time, you can select the gender of Siri's voice. Here's how.
Siri's voice changes from country to country, but up to now, if you live in the United States or Canada, Siri has had only a female voice. Now you can make Siri sound male, or vice versa:
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down to the General setting. Tap it.
- Tap Siri on the next screen.
- A list of options will appear - you can turn Siri on or off completely, and select the language that Siri will understand. Other options enable Siri to provide you with voice feedback, help you identify yourself, and determine what you need to do to activate Siri.
- The second option down is Voice Gender. Tapping it pulls up the option of Male or Female. Set Siri's voice to whichever gender you'd like.
- Press the Home button to exit out of Settings.
This option isn't available in all countries, but it's there for Americans and Canadians.
Have you swapped Siri's gender? Or are you sticking with the tried and true voice you're used to? Or do you not have a gender option for your localized version of Siri? I want to hear from you, so please sound off in the comments.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Twitter opens up voice tweets to more iOS users
After letting a limited group of people test voice tweets in June, Twitter is now opening the option up to more iOS users.
Microsoft testing Word and Excel trackpad support for iPad
Microsoft has rolled out testing for trackpad support within its Word and Excel apps for iPad.
iPhone 12 64GB model incoming, says leaker, shipments start next week
Leaker Jon Prosser has confirmed that the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 will both feature a 64GB storage option, despite previous reports Apple would be ditching the smallest configuration this year. Apple's iPhone 12 Pro lineup will start at 128GB.
These HomeKit accessories won't upset your landlord
Just because you rent your home, doesn't mean it has to be dumb! You can still deck out your HomeKit with these accessories.