With iTunes 12.9, playing back video podcasts on your Mac works a little differently than it did before. These episodes no longer play within the iTunes window itself, but rather play in the iTunes movie window, which pops out and plays as a separate window.
Of course, you may want to make sure that nothing interrupts the podcast episode that you're watching, so you'll want to set the video window to remain on top of other iTunes windows that might pop up. Here's how you do that, and more.
- How to make iTunes video window remain on top of other iTunes windows
- How to watch a video podcast in iTunes on your Mac
- How to watch a video podcast in the Podcasts app on iPhone or iPad
How to make iTunes video window remain on top of other iTunes windows
- Open iTunes from your dock or Applications folder.
- Click iTunes in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences…
- Click Advanced.
- Check the box next to Keep movie window on top of all other windows.
- Click OK.
How to watch a video podcast in iTunes on your Mac
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on the iTunes media drop-down.
- Click on Podcasts.
- Click on the video podcast that you want to play.
- Double-click on the episode that you want to watch.
- Click on the fullscreen button to watch the video in full screen.
How to watch a video podcast in the Podcasts app on iPhone or iPad
- Launch Podcasts on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the podcast that has a video you want to watch, then tap on it to view episodes.
- Look for the episode you want to watch, and tap on it to start watching.
- Rotate your device to watch it in full screen.
If you have any questions about playing video podcasts in iTunes, go ahead and ask them in the comments.
February 2019: Updated for iTunes 12.9, added steps for watching video podcasts in iTunes.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
I desperately need this! It keeps opening up video podcasts on another monitor than my iTunes. So this fix isn't working though. I am running High Sierra and iTunes 12.7.066 and I enabled the play movie window on top of other windows, but the full screen button is greyed out and cannot be clicked. Any other fixes?
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.