Facebook now supports Live Photos, the Harry Potter-esque animated images created by the iPhones 6s and viewable by any iOS 9 device. With them, you can bring a smile, a crawl, a leap or bound, a grand slam or slam dunk, pirouette or pop, to life right in your feed. All you need to know is how!
Note: Live Photos in Facebook can currently only be animated on iOS 9 devices. Anyone viewing them in a web browser, in Facebook for Android, or on any other platform will only see the still photo.
How to post Live Photos to your Facebook feed
Posting a Live Photo to Facebook is straight forward, but you absolutely have to remember to enable the LIVE part during the posting process. (See step 5.)
- Launch Facebook from your Home screen.
- Tap Photo.
- Choose the Live Photo(s) you want to share (sadly, there's no indicator, so you'll need to remember or double-check in advance.)
- Tap Done.
- Tap on Live at the bottom right (if you don't, Facebook will only take the still photo).
- Edit, add a caption, and when you're ready, tap Post at the top right.
How to view a Live Photo in Facebook
Viewing a Live Photo in Facebook works the same as it does in the Photos app for iOS.
- iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus: 3D Touch on the photo.
- All other iOS 9 devices: Touch and hold on the photo.
And remember, you have to tap through to the Facebook for iOS 9 app to see it!