If you use Fantastical 2 on your iPhone or iPad, there are lots of handy tricks and keyboard shortcuts you can use when entering an event or reminder. One of the most convenient and time-saving ones is how to switch what calendar or reminders list the new item will go on. Of course you can always manually select a calendar or reminder list, but why if you achieve the same thing in half the time?
How to quickly choose a calendar or reminder list for a new event in Fantastical 2
- Launch Fantastical 2 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the + sign to add a new event like you normally would.
- Type out your event or reminder title such as "Lunch with Rene at 2."
- This time, instead of manually choosing a different calendar or list, type a forward slash followed by the list or calendar name.
- So instead you would have "Lunch with Rene at 2 /personal".
You should instantly notice that the calendar that the event is going to go on changes in the preview. You can actually change the calendar in even fewer keystrokes. For example, since I only have one calendar that starts with the letter "p", as soon as I start typing personal, the calendar changes. So I can actually just type "Lunch with Rene at 2 /p" and achieve the exact same result. If you have more than one calendar that starts with the same letter, just type until you get to the first distinguishing letter and Fantastical 2 takes care of the rest.
Give it a try and let us know how it works for you!
- Fantastical 2 for iPhone - $4.99 - Download Now
- Fantastical 2 for iPad -
$14.99$7.99 on sale - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.