Before you can take advantage of the watchOS 5 Activity Competition, you'll need to set up Activity sharing on your Apple Watch.
What Activity sharing is
What does it mean to share your Activity, who can share, and why would you do so?
- You and your friend must both have an Apple Watch.
- You can track your friend's Activity progress, and they can track yours.
- You may add up to 40 friends.
- You will be notified when you friend finishes a workout, fills a ring, or earns an achievement.
- Your friend will notified when you do, too.
- It's harder to slack on your workouts when you know your friend is "watching" you!
Set up Activity sharing
You'll need to decide which of your Apple Watch wearing friends you want to share with; then you can go about getting that set up.
- Open the Activity app on your iPhone.
- Tap Sharing at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap + at the top right of the screen.
- Type a name or choose a suggested contact.
- Tap Send.
- Wait for your friend to accept the invitation.
- If your friend invites you first, then you just need to accept the invitation.
Let's do it to it! What are you waiting for?
- Go ahead and fill up those Activity rings.
- Open the Activity app on your Apple Watch
- Swipe right to see your list of Activity Sharing friends.
- Tap on a friend's name to see their detailed Activity information.
- Scroll down to send him/her a message directly from the app.
- You'll notice some serious trash-talking amongst the canned messages there, you can use those or craft your own.
No excuses now, your friends know what you're up to (or not!) Get out there and fill those rings.