To stay on top of your health game, it makes sense to sync your two favorite fitness devices. For awhile, users have been requesting a sync feature between Fitbit and Apple Health. Unfortunately, Fitbit still doesn't have plans to implement a convenient sync feature between the two. While downloading a third-party app another may not be your first choice, it does solve the problem. Here's how to do it.
Products used in this guide
- Sync your fitness: Sync Solver for Fitbit ($5 at App Store)
How to sync Fitbit data to Apple Health using Sync Solver
- Once you've downloaded the Sync Solver for Fitbit app, open it and press Sync Now.
- Next, your Apple Health app will open. You can choose to turn on all the categories or only the ones you're interested in syncing.
- You'll be prompted to log in to your Fitbit account and asked for permission to your data, press Allow.
- After granting permission, open Sync Solver so it can begin syncing. It might take some time, so be patient.
- Upon completion, check your data on Apple Health to confirm the sync was successful.
Your work is pretty much done after that. Sync Solver uses Apple's background sync feature. The app will automatically sync data from your Fitbit throughout the day. You can always open the app and sync manually, too. Not everyone loves third-party apps, but it's the best solution available until Fitbit and Apple Health decide to make things easier.
Our favorite app
When it comes to choosing an app for syncing Fitbit data to Apple Health, Sync Solver is a popular favorite among Fitbit community members and we have to agree.
Fairly priced and reliable
There are various sync apps to choose from, but Sync Solver comes highly rated and recommended by Fitbit users who rely on it for everyday use. Make a one-time payment, complete the initial sync setup, and the rest is history!
Other notable choices
myFitnessSync ($6 at App Store)
This is another sync app worth checking out if you like to compare your options. It functions the same but costs a dollar more.
Power Sync (FREE at App Store)
That's right, this sync app is free. So, what's the catch? You won't be able to enjoy auto syncing without making an in-app purchase. If you don't mind manually syncing your data, this is a viable option.
Fitbit Applet from IFTTT (FREE at IFTTT)
A nice alternative to downloading a third-party app, this applet is also free. You can opt for this applet that syncs all of your Fitbit data or choose one that has a specific use, like syncing your sleep readings.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!