What you need to know
- Kilowatt tells EV drivers when their cars are charged.
- More than 300 different cars are supported.
- All car chargers are supported and no data is collected by Kilowatt.
Kilowatt is an app for estimating how long it will be before your electric vehicle's all charged up and ready to go. You'll also be told what range you should expect from the current charge, too.
Available for download for free from the App Store, Kilowatt could be the iPhone and iPad app that EV owners have been looking for. While some carmakers offer their own app that includes things like charge level, not all do and that can make it difficult to know when your car will be charged without standing and watching it.
That's why Kilowatt was created.
Drivers can choose custom goals for charging and all charger types are supported. Kilowatt will also send a notification once the desired charge level has been reached to make sure everyone's always up to speed.
- Makes a quick estimate of the charge time based on car or motorcycle model and charger type
- Easily pick 80% or 100% as your charging goal, or a custom goal
- Get an estimate of expected range in miles or kilometers
- Supports all charger types and 300+ electric car or motorcycle models
- Receive a notification when your goal has been reached
- Time estimates take into account the battery charge profile of the selected car if available
- For cars without a custom profile we use an average charge profile
- Dark mode support
- Collects zero personal data, and no ads. Saving everything on your device only
Kilowatt doesn't collect any user data and there are no ads despite the app being free. There are in-app purchases available but they're simply digital tip jars — a way for people to offer something in return for an app they could be using daily.
If you drive an EV and think Kilowatt could be right up your street, download it from the App Store now.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.