What you need to know
- The ElevationLab MagBase is a holder for Apple's MagSafe Charger.
- The MagBase lets you pick your iPhone up without taking the MagSafe Charger with it.
Apple's MagSafe Charger is pretty great for all kinds of reasons, but it's also infuriating for one big reason — it always comes with your iPhone when you pick it up. That's great if that's what you want it to do, but very much not great if it isn't. The ElevationLab MagBase fixes that, and it costs less than $10.
Available for order now for just $9.95, the MagBase is a sort of dock for the MagSafe charger. Put the charger into the MagBase and it'll be held in place, ready for your iPhone. Pick your iPhone up, and you have two options:
- Slide your iPhone to the side, and the MagSafe Charger will stay inside the MagBase, ready to be used again.
- Lift your iPhone up and the MagSafe Charger will come with it, so you can keep charging while checking Twitter!
The MagBase is the kind of solution that makes so much sense you wonder why it isn't part of the standard MagSafe Charger design. But here we are, and you can fix the most irritating part of Apple's charger for less than $10! That's a bargain in anyone's eyes.
Here's how ElevationLab describes its little wonder.
- Makes your Apple MagSafe Charger much better to use.
- Pull up to take the cord with you or slide to release.
- Included: 3ft USB-C extension cord to double the cord length.
- Minimal footprint, barely larger than the charger.
- Locks to smooth surfaces with micro air suction.
- Keeps your area tidy, your charger always goes back to the same location.
Don't yet have a MagSafe charger to go with the MagBase, or just don't want to go the Apple route? These are some of the best MagSafe chargers you'll find online today.