What you need to know
- The ElevationLab MagBase is a holder for Apple's MagSafe Charger.
- The MagBase lets you pick your iPhone up without taking the MagSafe Charger with it.
Apple's MagSafe Charger is pretty great for all kinds of reasons, but it's also infuriating for one big reason — it always comes with your iPhone when you pick it up. That's great if that's what you want it to do, but very much not great if it isn't. The ElevationLab MagBase fixes that, and it costs less than $10.
Available for order now for just $9.95, the MagBase is a sort of dock for the MagSafe charger. Put the charger into the MagBase and it'll be held in place, ready for your iPhone. Pick your iPhone up, and you have two options:
- Slide your iPhone to the side, and the MagSafe Charger will stay inside the MagBase, ready to be used again.
- Lift your iPhone up and the MagSafe Charger will come with it, so you can keep charging while checking Twitter!
The MagBase is the kind of solution that makes so much sense you wonder why it isn't part of the standard MagSafe Charger design. But here we are, and you can fix the most irritating part of Apple's charger for less than $10! That's a bargain in anyone's eyes.
Here's how ElevationLab describes its little wonder.
- Makes your Apple MagSafe Charger much better to use.
- Pull up to take the cord with you or slide to release.
- Included: 3ft USB-C extension cord to double the cord length.
- Minimal footprint, barely larger than the charger.
- Locks to smooth surfaces with micro air suction.
- Keeps your area tidy, your charger always goes back to the same location.
Don't yet have a MagSafe charger to go with the MagBase, or just don't want to go the Apple route? These are some of the best MagSafe chargers you'll find online today.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.