Map Draw is a new iPad app that lets you draw on maps. This could be great for runners who want to plan their route or for giving directions to a friend. Map Draw will even track the total distance, making it a pretty neat app.
- Use your finger to draw on the map. Our touch system makes plotting your route easy and accurate, and total distance is stored. This is the perfect tool for dynamically mapping a route or run on the iPad.
- Maps support forward geocoding, allowing you to search for any location by name or address.
- Use the zoom to location feature for easy access to your current location when drawing a route.
- Map type can be toggled between standard, satellite, and hybrid. The type is stored and remembered for each individual map.
- Plotting contains undo and clear-all support.
- Each map you create is stored in a journal-style interface for easy access. Every entry is plotted on a graphic map display.
- Journal interface is customizable.
- Application supports both landscape and portrait orientations.
- All Saved routes can be freely edited at any time. Changes are saved automatically.
- Information is cached locally, allowing you to view a route and map offline. However for pinching and zooming, an internet connection is recommended.
- Maps can be exported via email, or saved directly to the device in the photo library.
- All exported maps can be freely drawn on, allowing you to add additional notes, or paint directly on the map like a canvas.
- Application contains built-in help and support, is intuitive and easy to use.
Map Draw is available on the iPad for $1.99.
[App Store link (opens in new tab)]
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
I think many people waited for an app like this. Very useful!
Looks pretty good. I can see where this might be useful to me. Might have to give this one a shot.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you use Penultimate, or Noteshelf, and import an image of a map and draw on it?
This article is almost entirely the same half truths and empty promises from the app store. I would question whether Leanna Lofte even downloaded the app to her iPad, let alone tried to use the app. Buyer beware, make sure you read the negative feedback about this app before paying ANY money for it. The features are extremely limited. Putting a route on the map requires clicking out a string of points on the map because it will only draw a straight line from point to point. Routes do not automatically follow the road you are clicking on, lines are drawn "as the crow flies".
You can only draw freehand on your map after it has been exported as a photo, so there is no way to adjust your route, or change the lines you put on your map once you have exported it.
All in all this is a horrible failure by Fishington Studios, and the price at $1.99 is highway robbery.
Leanna, STOP copying and pasting your articles from the app developers information. Try the app and write your own HONEST opinion. Your are costing people who trust you to review these apps hard earned $$$.
Yes you are so right. I am one of the suckers who bought without reading reviews! It kicks me out of the app when I select a map already created. I have learned the hard way.
Unfortunately I have also discovered how useless this app is. Map Draw ranks right with all the fart apps and other junk in the app store. It certainly stinks in it's own way.
I've only just bought the App and I like it. The symbols for use as waymarkers don't seem to cover a backpackers needs and I do think the comments below about the way n which routes are dealt with could be a lot better but much is very OK. I just hope they add new symbols / add groups of symbols to meet specific types of users and also address your comments about the way routes are calculated etc
Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in internet explorer, may check this… IE still is the market chief and a huge section of other people will leave out your wonderful writing because of this problem.
I simply couldn't depart your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard info an individual supply on your visitors? Is going to be again often in order to investigate cross-check new posts
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.