Slack, the team communications tool, has arrived at version 2.8 with some new features, including support for 3D Touch. This support comes in the form of quick actions on the app icon, as well as peek and pop within the app itself. You can also now manage pinned items, and you have more control over notifications.
You'll get the following features and fixes with Slack 2.8:
- You can now 3D Touch on the app icon, channel list, and team directory for shortcuts and to both peek and pop. NB: Only available on phones with 3D Touch. We are not responsible for screens in other dimensions.
- Search Assist is now spiffier and speedier, with extra modifiers to better assist your searching.
- Pinned Items can now be added, removed and, most importantly, viewed while on the move.
- Individual channels can now, mercifully, be muted from their Channel Settings menu.
- In fact, full notifications preferences are now available on iOS, making it easier for everyone to adjust notification levels to suit them, whenever and wherever they like.
- Fixed: You can now long press on items within Starred Items to unstar them, and render them simply "Items", humility is a good thing.
- Fixed: Previously, unacceptably, resending a failed message with a custom emoji broke the custom emoji. We fixed it.
- Fixed: We cleaned up the copy that was displayed when inviting a new user to a channel so the channel name isn't duplicated because attention to detail is important.
- Fixed: Uploading an image using "Use Last Photo Taken" method was generating duplicates in your camera roll, making the last photo taken the next photo too. It no longer does this.
- Fixed: The message input field was playing peekaboo behind the keyboard if you started a search with the keyboard up. Cute, we told it; but not cool. It stopped immediately.
- Fixed: An underscore in a pinned message is now, logically, displayed as an underscore.
- Fixed: If you tapped a user's phone number from their profile view sometimes we would only show an option to "Text". While this may have salved the introverted souls among us, the option to call, FaceTime, OR text should have always been (and is now) available.
- Fixed: The Quick Switcher now is a bit quicker when searching and swifter when switching.
- Added: Support for a larger-than-life feature very shortly to be released.
You can grab Slack 2.8 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A Reddit hack has plastered popular subreddits with pro-Trump messages
Reddit is investigating a series of vandalized communities which have been plastered with pro-Trump messages. Compromised moderators may be the source of the attacks.
Go beyond the Wall in Apple Arcade's Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows
"Game of Thrones" fans can now explore the lands beyond the Wall on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Review: The Porsche Taycan can stream Apple Music, no phone or data needed
The 2020 Porsche Taycan is a sweet ride, but it's also the first to fully integrate Apple Music into its own infotainment system — without your phone or data.
Train insane with the best fitness trackers for triathletes
These fitness trackers are the cream of the crop when it comes to health and fitness tracking for triathlon training. Which tracker will you need? Here's what our research shows.