What you need to know
- Tetris Beat is a new rhythm game that will arrive on Apple Arcade this Friday.
- Gamers will also be able to enjoy Spatial Audio using AirPods Pro and AirPods Max.
Apple Arcade will get a big new Tetris game this coming Friday, but it isn't like any Tetris game you're expecting. Tetris Beat has a new rhythm mechanic that will make things all-new, and it'll be ad-free and sans any in-app purchases.
Tetris Beat will be available to play on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV when it lands in the App Store this week. Gamers can look forward to an experience unlike any other, especially if they're wearing AirPods Pro or AirPods Max — Spatial Audio support is baked right in!
In Tetris Beat, players will rotate and drop Tetriminos to the beat, keeping to the rhythm to build their biggest combo chain and score big. For Tetris fans looking for the traditional hit gameplay experience, they can try out the Marathon mode, where they can also choose the soundtrack.
Gamers can look forward to three different game modes when playing Tetris Beat.
- DROP: Rotate and drop Tetriminos to the beat. Keep to the rhythm to build the biggest combo chain and score big!
- TAP: Players choose the most strategic Ghost Piece to tap in time to the beat and lose themselves in the flow state!
- MARATHON: The traditional Tetris® gameplay experience, where players get to choose the soundtrack!
Gamers can download Tetris Beats in the App Store this Friday and pre-register their download now.
If you want to upgrade your Apple Arcade gaming experience, check out our list of the Best Game Controllers for Apple TV and Apple Arcade 2021.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.