What you need to know
- Waterfield has announced a new bag for keeping your Mac Studio safe.
- The $129 Mac Studio Shield Case is made from ballistic nylon, waxed canvas, and full-grain leather.
- Buyers ordering now will have their bag shipped on April 15.
Accessory maker Waterfield has announced a new protective bag that can be used to cart your new Mac Studio around. The Mac Studio Shield Case will sell for $129 and come in three different colors when it goes on sale on April 15.
The new Shield Case has already sold through its first batch that will ship on April 8, with those ordering now having to wait until April 15 to keep their Mac Studio safe and sound when transporting it. While you might normally put a desktop Mac on a table and leave it there, its relatively small size does make it suitable for taking to an office when needed — and that's when this bag comes in handy. It looks gorgeous, too!
With a large space in the middle for housing your new Mac, your accessories aren't forgotten about. There's a pouch around the back that can hold a mouse and power cables which means the only thing you're going to need to carry is a keyboard.
- Compact and custom-fitted, the case protects the Mac Studio and accessories in transport.
- Closed-cell foam on all sides disperses external forces and resists compression.
- High-grade neoprene, in addition to foam, cushions the bottom for extra protection when the case is set down.
- Plush padded lining — as soft as a puppy's ear — cradles the Mac Studio.
- Waterproof YKK zippers open on all three sides with dual custom zipper pulls that overlap to accommodate a lock.
- A plush-lined, zippered front pocket keeps a power cord and mouse (or other small items) readily accessible.
- An open-topped, stretch mesh, rear pocket stows additional connecting cables or accessories.
- A sturdy, leather-wrapped handle, both sewn and riveted, facilitates a quick grab.
- Metal D-rings attach to an optional strap to carry the case over one shoulder.
Bags are made from ballistic nylon, waxed canvas, and full-grain leather with three different finishes on offer. All you need to do is pick one and then you'll be able to keep that Mac Studio in tip-top condition, no matter how often you move it around.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.