We always see (almost entirely incorrect) 'outlines' of keynotes in the runup to any Apple event, now we're getting them before the runup starts. It's a pretty safe be that Apple will be doing something in late September or October, they always try to have new iPod announcements before the holiday season. So go grab your salt shaker, pour out a few grains (actually, you might want to use them all), and take a gander at what Anonymous has told to expect in a "late September event," after the break.
Our take on the list you're about to read: real iPhone file access would be a godsend and it's a natural next step for the platform. iTunes Unlimited Music Subscriptions have been oft-rumored but given how strident Jobs has been about people wanting to own music instead of subscribe to it, we're still doubters. Then again, he did say the same thing about mobile video right before the iPod got video support. Basically, there's nothing there that we really think is a lock.
Here's a better question: what do you think Apple has in store for us this coming holiday season?
The outline from Anonymous:
New iPhone / Mobile Me Enhancements
- Enable disk use on the iPhone
- When enabled for disk use, iDisk folder accessible on the iPhone
- iDisk app on the iPhone
- Viewable formats can be opened, other formats grayed out
- Button to sync with MobileMe
- Photo syncing support via MobileMe
- October launch
iTunes Unlimited Music Subscription
- iTunes Unlimited
- 256 Kbps music; highest quality digital music subscription service ever
- 50% of U.S. store available for iTunes Unlimited at launch, U.S.-only launch
- Available through iTunes or retail box a la MobileMe, funds applied through iTunes gift cards cannot be used towards subscription purchase
- $129.99 stand-alone or $179.99 with MobileMe, current MobileMe subscribers can add iTunes Unlimited for $99.99
- One-year subscription period
- Current a la carte options unchanged
- When signed in to subscription account, “Buy” is “Get”
- “Download and Play throughout iTunes Unlimited Subscription” or “Buy and Keep”
- “Buy and Keep” option available for downloaded subscription songs, purchased version replaces subscription version
- Late October launch with iTunes 7.8
Let's talk aesthetic Home screens, Apple Watches, iPhone 12, and more
It's been quite a busy September. We got new Apple Watches, iOS 14 and watchOS 7, new customization trends, and so much more. Let's dive in!
FAQ: TikTok & WeChat ban — why it’s happening and what it means for you
Are TikTok and WeChat really being banned? When does all of this take effect? Will I still be able to use these apps? All this and more answered in our FAQ regarding the latest U.S. orders.
Here's everything we know about the iPhone 12 so far
With the iPhone 12 reportedly just weeks away, here's everything we currently know about Apple's next flagship lineup!
Need an extra Nintendo Switch charging cable? Try these out!
If you need some extra cables for your Nintendo Switch, make sure the cables you get are high quality. These USB-C cables are our favorites.