BBC iPlayer (Global) now available in Canada
The BBC has now made its global BBC iPlayer app available in Canada following successful launches in eleven other countries earlier in the year. There is still no sign of the app hitting the U.S. App Store but it can’t be too far away now.
Watch a selection of the best classic and contemporary British shows on demand, including Doctor Who, Top Gear and Gavin & Stacey. Download the app and explore plus enjoy free clips and taster episodes. Subscribe today for unlimited access - even when you're offline.
- Comedy - laugh out loud with comedy from The Office, Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, Little Britain, Gavin and Stacey and The Mighty Boosh and explore classic British humour with Fawlty Towers, Absolutely Fabulous and Only Fools and Horses.
- Drama - be transported out of this world with Doctor Who, immerse yourself in the period drama of Cranford and Pride and Prejudice, be gripped by the fast-paced contemporary action of Spooks(MI-5) and stirred by powerful drama Occupation.
- Science & Nature - immerse yourself in inspiring series like David Attenborough’s The Life of Birds and Walking with Dinosaurs and get up close and personal with Chimpanzee Diary and James May at the Edge of Space.
- Family & Kids - keep the kids entertained for hours with our wide range of fun and educational shows, from Junior Masterchef to Balamory, MI High and The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- News Specials & Documentary - get the latest current affairs and analysis with Panorama and Newsnight and be stimulated by thought-provoking documentaries like Obama’s America and This World: Madoff Hustle.
- Music & Culture – be inspired by exquisite works of art and fantastic music. Journey Around the World in 80 Treasures, get the best seat in the house with performances from Robbie Williams, Blur and Jamie Cullum and discover John Lennon’s transition from Beatle to solo artist in biographical drama Lennon Naked.
- Collections - a compelling mix of programmes and clips that take you on a journey into the BBC's rich archive as far back as the very first Doctor Who, William Hartnell, in 1963.
The BBC iPlayer Global app is an on-demand service rather than a catch-up service and will carry content from the previous month as well as a back catalogue of programs stretching back up to 60 years. It will also allow downloading of content directly to the iPad as well as access over 3G.
The app is free to download but you will need to subscribe to the service which costs $8.99 a month or $84.99 a year.
Have an app you’d love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we’ll take a look.
[gallery link="file" order="DESC" orderby="title"]
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!