How to block FaceTime calls and iMessages on the Mac
If you're being stalked, spammed, pranked, or otherwise abused over iMessage or FaceTime, you can block that contact and prevent them from bothering you ever again, even on your Mac. It's simple, it's easy, and it's oh-so-gratifying. If there's an especially annoying someone you've been waiting to ignore, here's how to do it!
Note: Contact blocking requires OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 or later. Blocking someone in one app blocks then in all apps, so just pick the app you use most and block them all there!
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac.
- In the menu bar, click on Messages in the top menu and click on Preferences.
- With your iMessage account selected, click on the Blocked tab.
- Click on the + sign and then add the contact you'd like to block from your Contacts.
- That's it, all methods of contact for that person will be blocked.
- Launch the FaceTime app on your Mac.
- Find the caller you'd like to block in the right side menu and click on the arrow off to the right.
- Towards the bottom click on Block this Caller.
How to block in iOS
You can also block someone using an iPhone or iPad. If you aren't sure how to do that, you can check out our guide:
Have you used the block feature in OS X or iOS yet? How did it work for you?
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!