Animated GIFs are an entertaining way to share short clips via text and social networks. Most GIFs contain funny clips that are looped and annotated. If you've ever wondered whether or not you can make your own GIFs right from your iPhone, wonder no more — the answer is YES!
How to make your own animated GIFs on your iPhone
In order to make animated GIFs on your iPhone you'll need to enlist the help of some third party apps. For this example, I'm going to use one of my favorites called 5SecondsApp. It's free and ad-supported. You can however pay $0.99 via in-app purchase to remove ads and earn the ability to create longer GIFs.
- 5SecondsApp - Free - Download Now
- Launch 5SecondsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Video icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Make a selection to import videos, photos, or take a video.
- Choose the section of video you'd like to use or add your photos. Repeat this process for everything you'd like in your animated GIF.
- Once you're done, tap on your newly created GIF in the main menu.
- Now tap on the Share button in the bottom right corner.
- Here you can email, text, or save your GIF to your Camera Roll. The Enable Sharing option uploads your GIF to 5Seconds and lets you create a link that's easily accessible and shareable by anyone. You don't have to use the option but you can if you want.
That's it! Your animated GIF is automatically sent how you've chosen. Obviously there are more features inside 5SecondsApp that you can explore including text overlays, filters, and more. There are also other GIF creator apps available for iPhone. If you don't like 5SecondsApp, here are some more suggestions:
If you create animated GIFs on your iPhone, which apps have you used and what ones are your favorites? Let me know in the comments!