How to delete saved passwords from iCloud Keychain in iOS 7
One of the side-effects of an easy-to-use system like iCloud Keychain is that sometimes you accidentally end up saving a password you didn't intend to. That, or you simply stop using a certain site and no longer need its password saved, or some glitch comes up and it's not working properly, and you just want to start over. Regardless of the reason, iOS 7 makes it easy, if not immediately obvious...
How to delete a saved login from iCloud Keychain in iOS 7
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 or higher.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Now tap on Passwords & AutoFill.
- On the next screen, tap on Saved Passwords.
- Tap on Edit in the top left corner.
- Tap on all the logins you'd like to delete and then tap on Delete in the upper left hand corner.
- You'll be asked to confirm you'd like to delete the logins, tap on Delete one last time. If you have a passcode set on your iPhone or iPad you'll be asked to type it in to confirm the delete.
That's all there is to it, all the logins you chose to delete won't autofill or be remembered in iCloud Keychain any longer, on any of your devices.
How to get more help with iCloud Keychain
If you have specific questions about iOS 7 or OS X Mavericks in general, check out our iOS 7 help and discussion forum or OS X Mavericks help and discussion forum. For more on Safari in specific, check out our ultimate guide:
- How to enable (or disable) iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to access and view your iCloud Keychain passwords on iOS 7
- How to force websites to save passwords to iCloud Keychain on iOS 7
- How to delete saved passwords from iCloud Keychain in iOS 7
- How to force websites to save passwords to iCloud Keychain in OS X Mavericks
- How to manually add your credit card to iCloud Keychain for OS X Mavericks