How to delete saved passwords and credit cards from iCloud Keychain
One of the side-effects of an easy-to-use system like iCloud Keychain is that sometimes you accidentally end up saving a password you didn't intend to. That, or you simply stop using a certain site and no longer need its password saved, or some glitch comes up and it's not working properly, and you just want to start over. Regardless of the reason, you can remove the unwanted password, or even credit card number, out of iCloud Keychain easy enough.
How to delete a saved login or credit card from iCloud Keychain
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Safari
- Tap on Passwords & AutoFill.
- On the next screen, tap on Saved Passwords. If you're trying to remove a saved credit card, tap on Saved Credit Cards instead.
- Type in your passcode when asked to.
- Tap on Edit in the top right corner.
- Tap on all the logins you'd like to delete and then tap on Delete in the upper left hand corner.
- You'll be asked to confirm you'd like to delete the logins, tap on Delete one last time.
That's all there is to it, all the logins you chose to delete won't autofill or be remembered in iCloud Keychain any longer, on any of your devices.
How to get more help with iCloud Keychain
- How to enable (or disable) iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain on iPhone and iPad
- How to access and view passwords and credit cards stored in iCloud Keychain
- How to delete saved passwords from iCloud Keychain for iPhone and iPad
- How to manually add your credit card information to iCloud Keychain
- How to stop Safari from storing or autofilling passwords and credit cards from iCloud Keychain
- Forgot your iCloud Keychain security code? Here's how to change it!
- How to generate a password with iCloud Keychain in OS X
- How to manually add or remove credit cards with iCloud Keychain for OS X