How to auto-enhance photos on your iPhone and iPad
The Photos app doesn't (yet) give you all sorts of fancy editing tools to change contrast, brightness, saturation, balance, shadow, highlights, etc. but it does offer a handy auto-enhance feature that tries to automagically make your pictures looks at good as they possibly can. While it's no replacement for advanced editing tools, for people who either aren't familiar with those kinds of tools, or simply don't want to use it, auto-enhance can do a good-enough job on most overly dark, overly bright, or oddly colored photos most of the time. Best of all, Photos will keep your original image safe, so if you don't like the auto-enhance, you can go right back to the original!
How to enahance pics with the Photos app for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the photo you'd like to enhance and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on Edit in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on the Auto-Enhance button — it looks like a magic wand.
- You can toggle between Auto-Enhance by tapping on it again. This gives you a good idea of before and after.
- If you like the improvements the Auto-Enhance feature made, tap on Done.
If auto-enhance turns out not to be enough for your problem photos, the App Store has several more powerful, more granular alternatives.