How do you use your Apple Watch in a dark room without disturbing anyone? With the right watch face, that's how!
I was having breakfast with a friend last month and the topic turned to Apple Watch faces. We talked and shared our favorite setups for work days, weekends, workouts, and travel, and then he showed me one I hadn't thought of before — one for movie theaters. It was smart: everything blacked out except the time, and even that made to be as unobtrusive as possible. Here's how he did it!
How to create a movie theater face for your Apple Watch
- Press firmly on your Apple Watch face to enter Edit mode.
- Swipe to the right.
- Tap on the New watch face button (the plus button).
- Swipe — or turn the Digital Crown — to scroll to the Modular watch face.
- Tap to select it.
Press firmly the Modular face to enter Edit mode.
- Tap on Customize.
- Turn the Digital Crown to change the watch face's color to red.
- Swipe left to pick your complications.
- Tap on each and every complication, and twist the Digital Crown up until the complication is set to Off.
- Press in on the Digital Crown to exit Edit mode.
When you're done you'll have a completely blank — and black — watch face with the time displayed in red.
With it, you'll be able to casually turn your wrist and check the time without disturbing anyone, even when in a dark room. It's great for movie and home theaters, plays, when sharing a bed, or any other time when you want to minimize light and check the time.