Not only can you re-download apps that you've previously purchased, but thanks to iTunes in the Cloud, you can also re-download any music, movies, or tv shows that you've purchased. Whether you accidentally deleted something or want to download something to one device that you downloaded on another, you can easily do so via the iTunes app!
How to download previously purchased iTunes content on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the iTunes app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the More tab in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on Purchased.
- Tap on either Music, Movies, or TV Shows. Note that if you have Family Sharing enabled, you'll see options to browse other people's content as well.
- Tap on Not on This iPhone at the top. This tab only shows the content that you don't already have downloaded.
- Tap on the show, song, album, or movie title that you'd like to download.
- Tap on the cloud icon to begin your download.
That's all there is to it. Since movies and tv shows can be rather large, especially when in HD format, we would highly suggest being on a Wi-Fi network when downloading large files, especially if you don't have an unlimited data plan. Some carriers may not even allow you to download content over a certain size unless you are on Wi-Fi.