The Photos app lets you do all sorts of basic, useful things with the pictures on your iPhone and iPad, including rotating them 90 degrees at a time. It's especially useful when the Camera app misbehaves and one of your photos ends up coming out sideways, but it can also be a fun way to turn things around, and even upside down. Best of all, the built-in Photos app makes it easy to do!
How to rotate photos using the Photos app for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the photo that you'd like to rotate and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on the crop button in the bottom menu.
- Tap on the rotate button — keep tapping it until the photo is rotated the way you'd like.
- Tap the Done button.
Give it a try with some problem photos of your own and let me know in the comments how it worked!