Make someone's day a little brighter by sending them an audio message using your Apple Watch.
Text messages and emoji are both great ways to communicate, but sometimes the human voice triumphs over all. Whether you want to send a birthday song or have a bunch of family members say "Hi!" to a far-away relative, here's how to quickly send an audio message with your Apple Watch.
How to send audio messages with Apple Watch
- Open the Messages app on your Apple Watch by tapping the icon or saying "Open Messages" via Siri. From here, you have one of two ways to start conversation:
- Tap on one of your open message threads and tap Reply.
- Press firmly on the display to start a new message, tap the Add Contact field to add your recipient, then tap the Create Message field to start your message.
- Tap the microphone icon to start recording, then tap Done when you're finished.
- Tap the voice waveform to send your audio message.
You can also reply to any incoming message with an audio message by tapping Reply and following steps 4 and 5.