Just like physical copies of books, some books in iBooks can be pricey at times. While you can go to a store and open a physical book and browse through it before committing to a purchase, what about buying online?
As it happens, iBooks will let you download a sample of most books before deciding to buy. Follow along and we'll show you how.
- Launch the iBooks app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Store button in the upper left hand corner.
- Browse the iBookstore and find the book you think you want to purchase. Tap on it.
- Tap on the Sample button.
- You'll be returned to iBooks and a sample will download to your book shelf. Here you can read it and decide whether or not you'd like to buy the full book.
In most cases, samples are pretty good on iBooks and consists of 100 or so pages giving you a good idea of whether or not you're interested in a book.