One of the things that makes Animal Crossing so much fun is just how much you can customize your character. You can change your hair, face decals, and, of course, clothes. There are tons of clothes to choose from in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. With hundreds of items, most of which come in a variety of colors, you can find a look that is uniquely you before you even consider the possibilities of custom designs.
While you can use QR codes to load many customs designs, for most of your clothes, you'll want to head over to the Able Sisters tailor shop. However, you'll only find two of the Able sisters there. The third Able sister has set off to make a name for herself, and that name is Label!
Who is Label and why is she testing my fashion skills?
Formerly known as Labelle, Label is sister to Mabel and Sable of the Able Sisters tailor shop. While she has worked in their shop in previous games, she has since set out on her own, wanting to make a name for herself as a high-end, haute couture fashion designer. Still, she's only just getting her start. She's traveling the world and checking out new fashion trends. Her travels have brought her to your quaint little isle and you're the one she wants to see. She'll give you an exercise to see your fashion sense and if she approves, she'll make sure to reward you.
How do I complete Label's fashion theme style exercise?
Once Label has arrived on your island, you will have one day to complete her exercise. If you're like me and happen to have a big wardrobe full of lots of different clothes, you'll probably be able to do the exercise without purchasing anything new. If not, you can always head over to the Able Sister's shop for some new clothes. Follow these easy steps to complete the fashion challenge:
- After establishing the Able Sister's tailor shop, Label will show up in your plaza. Her arrival is random. Some days she will be there, others she will not, but she is easy to spot on the days she arrives.
- Press A to talk to Label.
- Press A to agree to the fashion theme style exercise.
- Pay attention to the fashion theme clues.
- Accept the item Label offers to build your design around. This item is yours to keep!
- Return to your home.
- If you have a wardrobe, press A to open it. Otherwise, you will need to remove clothing from your storage manually.
- Go through your clothes to find items that match the theme, including the item Label gave you. Hint: If you don't have clothes that fit the theme, you might have to take a trip to the Able Sister's tailor shop!
- Now you'll need to get dressed! Go through the different menus and when you find an item you like Press A to put it on.
- Press + to put on your outfit.
- Return to the plaza.
- Press A to talk to Label.
- Select Sure, of course. to show Label the outfit you picked out.
- If your outfit meets her approval, she will reward you with a special item from her designer line Labelle.
What about Tailor Tickets?
In addition to the two clothing items she gives you, Label will also send you Tailor Tickets for your trouble. These will show up in your mailbox the day after completing a styling exercise. A Tailor Ticket is a voucher you can exchange at the Able Sister's tailor shop for any one article of clothing valued at 3,000 Bells or less. There are only a few especially expensive pieces of clothing at the Able Sister's tailor shop, so the vast majority of their items can be purchased with a Tailor Ticket.
So long as the ticket is in your pocket, it will be applied to the next item you pick out at Able Sisters. If you would rather not apply it for an item, you can press Y to remove it and it will be applied to the next item you purchase.
While we haven't uncovered all of Label's themes, here's what we've found so far:
- Outdoorsy: Casual, loose-fitting clothes you might wear hiking, camping, or on a picnic at the park.
- Comfy: Loose and comfortable clothing that can be worn all day.
- Fairy Tale: Let knights, princesses, and storybook characters inspire your design.
- Gothic: Dark and moody clothes that you might wear on Halloween.
Be sure to check back as we update this with all the clues you need to pass Label's exercises.
Do you have any questions about Label and her fashion theme style exercises? Have any tips for fellow fashionistas? Have you been given a theme we haven't found yet? Drop us a comment below, and be sure to check out our other Animal Crossing: New Horizon's guides for all your Nook approved goodness!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Casian Holly has been writing about gaming at iMore since 2019, but their real passion is Pokémon. From the games to the anime, cards and toys, they eat, sleep, and breathe all things Pokémon. You can check out their many Pokémon Go and Pokémon Sword and Shield guides and coverage here on iMore.