I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons for a few months now and I absolutely love it. It's such a happy, care-free game that relaxes me and helps me forget about the stresses in my life. Another thing I love about the Animal Crossing series is how wholesome and creative the fan base is. For instance, some awesome people have taken advantage of the custom designing feature to create clothing themed around The Legend of Zelda series. You can bring these outfits to your game by scanning QR codes. Here are a bunch of Zelda-themed outfits as well as instructions on how to bring them into Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Fan-made Zelda outfits
If you're a crazy Zelda fan like me, you really need to check out these designs! You'll find everything from Link's green tunic from Wind Waker, to Princess Zelda's dress in Ocarina of Time, to Lady Urbosa's outfit from Breath of the Wild. The best part is that each of these fan-made outfits comes with a QR code, so you can easily bring these awesome Zelda garments to your game. Thank you @mallorymphoto on Twitter for rounding these all up!
posting all the #LegendofZelda outfits i could find the QR codes for here 💙 pic.twitter.com/oxKedWW3DR#ACNH THREAD
posting all the #LegendofZelda outfits i could find the QR codes for here 💙 pic.twitter.com/oxKedWW3DR— 𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚🌿 (@mallorymphoto) March 21, 2020March 21, 2020
I'm super stoked to run around my island wearing Link's iconic get up from Twilight Princess or maybe even his new blue tunic from Breath of the Wild. Or, ooh ooh! Link's clothing from Wind Waker whether that be his green tunic or his blue lobster shirt. It's super fitting considering this game is all about islands and ocean.
Link's Tunic from Twilight Princess
Look like the Hero of Twilight with this awesome outfit!
Toon Link's Outset Island shirt from Wind Waker
Now you just need a red boat.
Toon Link's green tunic from Wind Waker
Run around the islands in fitting attire.
Zelda's dress from Ocarina of Time
Dress like the princess of legend.
Lady Urbosa outfit from Breath of the Wild
Beautiful clothes from a powerful monarch.
Link's Champion Tunic from Breath of the Wild
Wear the hero's most recent clothing with this beautiful blue tunic.
Midna dress from Twilight Princess
Look like the princess of Twilight.
Sheik's top from Ocarina of Time
Dress like a resident of Kakariko Village.
So, how do I scan QR codes?
In order to scan these QR codes, you'll need three things: 1.) A Nintendo Switch Online account, which allows for multiplayer activities on Switch games. 2.) The NookLink part of the Nintendo Switch Online app for your smartphone. 3.) You'll need to have unlocked Pro custom designs in Animal Crossing: New Horizons by purchasing it with Nook Miles from the kiosk at Resident Services.
How to bring custom outfits into Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Download the Nintendo Switch Online app to your iOS (opens in new tab) or Android (opens in new tab) device.
- Upon downloading the app, you'll need to pair it with your Nintendo Account and your Animal Crossing game. Open the app on your phone.
- Tap on the Animal Crossing image that appears.
- Next, turn to your Nintendo Switch. Navigate to Animal Crossing: New Horizon's opening screen.
- Press the - button on the left side of your Joy-Cons or controller to go to settings.
- Tom Nook will appear to walk you through NookLink set up. Select NookLink settings.
- Next select Next, please. He'll connect your game with the phone app.
- You'll need to restart the Nintendo Switch Online app on your phone. Once that's done, open it up again.
- Select the Animal Crossing image again.
- Now select the Designs icon.
- Select Scan a QR code.
- Now scan all four QR codes displayed for one outfit.
- The clothing pattern will appear. Select Save. Note that you cannot scan multiple codes. You'll need to bring them into New Horizons one at a time.
Turn back to the Nintendo Switch
- To dress you character up in this Zelda attire, enter your New Horizons game. Press ZL to bring up the NookPhone.
- Select the Custom Designs app.
- Press the + button on the right side of your Joy-Cons or controller.
- Select Download.
- The Pro custom design that you scanned on your phone will appear. Select OK.
- Now you need to choose an open pattern slot for the new Zelda theme to reside in.
- Next, select Overwrite it.
- Now all you have to do is select the Zelda clothing and your character will wear it. Neat, huh!?
Now you know how to get these awesome designs into your New Horizons game. Enjoy running around your island dressed as Link, Zelda, Midna, or one of the many characters from The Legend of Zelda. Until next time, I hope you find some rare items, bag some awesome bugs, or catch some unique fish!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Gaming aficionado Rebecca Spear is iMore's dedicated gaming editor with a focus on Nintendo Switch and iOS gaming. You’ll never catch her without her Switch or her iPad Air handy. If you’ve got a question about Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, or just about any other Nintendo series check out her guides to help you out. Rebecca has written thousands of articles in the last six years including hundreds of extensive gaming guides, previews, and reviews for both Switch and Apple Arcade. She also loves checking out new gaming accessories like iPhone controllers and has her ear to the ground when it comes to covering the next big trend.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.