We have seen Apple's new campus a few times in the past, with various drone shots and photos surfacing frequently. The folks at Popsci got a private tour of the new campus, and they were able to get some additional information about the facility. From Apple's use of custom concrete slabs with a hollow center to the up to 46-foot glass panes that wrap the campus, there is a lot to see here.
- 176: Acres the new Campus will occupy
- 1.23 million: Square footage of glass involved in the project
- 3,000: Approximate total number of glass panes used
- 7,000: Weight, in pounds, of the heaviest panes of vertical glass
- 4,300: Concrete slabs needed for the floor and ceiling
- 60,000: How many pounds the heaviest concrete slabs weigh
- 75: Percentage of renewable energy that campus itself will produce during peak daytime hours
- 16: Megawatts of power produced by rooftop solar panels
- 5 billion: Total cost, in dollars, this project is reported to approximately cost (Apple declined to comment on an official figure)
The building will have seven cafes, a 120,000 square-foot theater for product announcements, fitness center and much more. Construction is anticipated to be completed by the end of 2016, with employees moving into the campus early in 2017.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Jared started off writing about mobile phones back when BlackBerry ruled the market, and Windows Mobile was kinda cool. Now, with a family, mortgage and other responsibilities he has no choice but to look for the best deals, and he's here to share them with you.
That's one gooooooood campus man. Posted via the iMore App
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.