What you need to know
- There's a new version of the Apple Developer app.
- Version 9 has a new Discover section and better search for macOS Big Sur.
Apple has rolled out a new version of the Apple Developer app following its announcement that WWDC 2021 will take place in June.
The release notes of the new version state:
Thank you for your feedback. New in this release:
• Explore an all-new Discover experience on macOS Big Sur with improved support for larger displays.
• We've improved search in the app on macOS Big Sur, making it easier to find the content you want to watch.
• We've fixed bugs and added various other enhancements.
The Apple Developer app is used by developers for stories, news, videos and other content. The new version brings a new UI designed for macOS, as well as a new 'Discover' section to help you catch up on the latest stories. A new WWDC section has now been added following Apple's announcement its annual developer conference will take place in June. From that report:
Apple has just announced that WWDC 2021 will take place on June 7-11 in an all-online format.
In a press release the company stated:
Apple today announced it will host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 7 through 11, in an all-online format. Free for all developers, WWDC21 will offer unique insight into the future of iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Building on the record-breaking participation and learnings from last year's online conference, WWDC21 is an opportunity for developers to learn about the new technologies, tools, and frameworks they rely on to build innovative and platform-differentiating apps and games. Apple also announced that this year's Swift Student Challenge, an opportunity for young developers to demonstrate their coding skills by creating a Swift playground, is now accepting submissions.