Apple has released OS X 10.11.1, bringing along with it a number of fixes and improvements. The update, which is available now through the Mac App Store, brings new emoji, improvements for Microsoft Office 2016 compatibility and much more. A full list of the changes in OS X 10.11.1 include:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
It may take a little before you see the update show for you in the Mac App Store, but keep an eye out. If you happen to notice any other improvements or issues with this build, let us know in the comments below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Analyst says iPhone 12 will cost more even without charger and headphones
Jeff Pu, an analyst at Chinese research firm GF Securities, predicts that Apple will raise the price of the iPhone 12 by at least $50.
Apple's new 'Behind the Mac' vid shows James Blake making music at home
Apple's latest "Behind the Mac" video shows James Blake making music even though he's been stuck in his home studio because of 2020.
Review: The Airthings Wave Plus keeps an eye out for Radon and more
This stacked sensor measures temperature, humidity, VOCs, air pressure, Radon, and CO2. But is it any good?
Get these Star Wars games on sale today for Star Wars Day!
Get great deals on Star Wars games past and present for this Star Wars Day.