Apple has released OS X 10.11.1, bringing along with it a number of fixes and improvements. The update, which is available now through the Mac App Store, brings new emoji, improvements for Microsoft Office 2016 compatibility and much more. A full list of the changes in OS X 10.11.1 include:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
It may take a little before you see the update show for you in the Mac App Store, but keep an eye out. If you happen to notice any other improvements or issues with this build, let us know in the comments below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Asphalt 9: Legends arrives on the Mac thanks to Catalyst
Gameloft has brought Asphalt 9: Legends to the Mac as a Catalyst app, just as it said it would at WWDC last June.
Here's a shortcut to launch you right into your Netflix favorites!
Here's how to use a shortcut to quickly open your favorite TV shows and movies.
Tracker maker Tile will testify against Apple in today's antitrust hearing
The relationship between Tile and Apple has turned sour. And now the tracker maker is going to testify in today's antitrust hearing.
Great video editing software for your Mac
You don't need to buy expensive video-editing software to get the job done. Here are some of the hottest video-editing software for Mac on the market today.