Apple has just updated the Texas Hold'em game on the App Store today. This is the original game that Apple first launched in 2006 for the iPod, before the card game made its way to the App Store for iOS. This update was apparently made to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the App Store, even though that was in 2018.
In this update, Apple has added some new characters to the lineup, as well as improved graphics, even more challenging gameplay, and more. Right now, there are a total of 24 characters to go up against, and you can challenge friends.
Apple highlights a bit of history behind Texas Hold'em in the original App Store listing:
Here are all of the new features that Apple has highlighted in the update:
- Opponents bet, bluff, and have secret tells
- Winning advances you to the next location
- Includes 10 distinctive locations—including Las Vegas, Paris, and Macau
- Bring up in-game hints, tips, statistics, and player ratings
- Texas Hold'em is entirely free-to-play, works online or off
- Play against up to 8 friends with Wi-Fi multiplayer
- Rotate between immersive first-person and top-down gameplay
- Re-designed, re-rendered, and re-built to use high-resolution graphics that look stunning
- Designed for iOS 12 and later
You can download the updated Texas Hold'em from the App Store for free. It is 1.5GB in size and has no in-app purchases.
Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Christine Romero-Chan was formerly a Senior Editor for iMore. She has been writing about technology, specifically Apple, for over a decade at a variety of websites. She is currently part of the Digital Trends team, and has been using Apple’s smartphone since the original iPhone back in 2007. While her main speciality is the iPhone, she also covers Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac when needed.
When she isn’t writing about Apple, Christine can often be found at Disneyland in Anaheim, California, as she is a passholder and obsessed with all things Disney, especially Star Wars. Christine also enjoys coffee, food, photography, mechanical keyboards, and spending as much time with her new daughter as possible.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.