Apple shares preview of Apple Myeongdong, its new store in South Korea
What you need to know
- Apple has shared a preview of Apple Myeongdong ahead of its grand opening.
- The store will open to customers on Saturday, April 9.
Ahead of the store's grand opening on Satuday, Apple has shared a preview (opens in new tab) of Apple Myeongdong.
The store, which is located in Seoul's shopping district, will be the company's largest store in South Korea. Deirdre O'Brien, Apple's senior vice president of Retail + People, said that the company is "thrilled to deepen our relationship with our Korean customers."
In addition to launching the first K-pop Today at Apple Remix session featuring SEVENTEEN, the company is collaborating with a number of other artists with the following sessions:
- Art Lab: "Draw Springtime Floral Greetings" with artist Nanan Kang
- Photo Lab: "Capture the Colors of Seoul" with travel photographer Lee Jongbeom
- Exclusive: In Conversation with Minha Kim, star of the new Apple Original drama "Pachinko"
- Art Lab: "Create Your Own Abstract World in AR" with artist VAKKI
The store finds itself at the base of a new tower in the center of Seoul. Surrounding the store is a couple of pocket gardens featuring sculptures by Jaehyo Lee and VAKKI.
Check out all of the photos previewing the store before its opening on Saturday:
Apple Myeongdong is set to open to customers on Saturday, April 9.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.