There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it's impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don't have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we'll have the best of the best new apps waiting for you!
Best new and updated apps
This week, catch up on your reading (or audiobook listening) with Bookmate, check out the news coming from your favorite RSS feeds with Elytra, or listen to your favorite podcasts with Cosmicast.
- Bookmate - Your essential literary companion, Bookmate offers access to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks through its free and subscription services. You'll get personalized recommendations based on what you've read before, or you can check out the custom collections of books created by experts. You can subscribe to these shelves, getting notifications of updated content regularly. Bookmate is free to use, with more than 50,000 titles available anyone. There are also a few paid subscription options. For $6.99 per month ($79.99 annually), you get Bookmate Standard, which lets you read the entire Bookmate library in English. Premium, which offers access to the entire Bookmate library in 12 languages, costs $9.99 a month ($119.99 annually). Finally, there's the Audio subscription for $14.99 per month ($179.99 annually), which lets you listen to the entire Bookmate audiobook library. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Elytra - If you're looking for a simple, yet stylish way to manage and read your RSS subscriptions, consider checking out Elytra. The app automatically sets up your account and keeps it completely private, and the app doesn't collect any of your personal information. Everything is rendered natively for a smooth scrolling and reading experience, and your content can be synced across devices. Syncing is accomplished either with iCloud or by copying your Anonymous Account ID to the other device. Elytra comes with a free trial, after which you'll need to subscribe for either one month ($2.99), three months ($8.99), or one year ($35.99). Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Cosmicast - This beautiful podcast player is a great way to experience your favorite audio entertainment. Easily discover popular podcasts, explore different categories, or search for specific shows. Your shows will appear in a beautiful grid. The app features a lot of customization options, with light, dark, and true black themes, grid resizing, and more. It also its own iMessage stickers and support for Siri Shortcuts. $0.99 - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Linea Go - This is the iPhone version of The Iconfatory's popular iPad sketching app, Linea. Linea Go makes it easy to sketch wherever you are, with tools like pencils, pens, and highlighters at your disposal to create great works of art on a small scale. The app also has a variety of great pre-defined colors, but you can also create color sets of your own, either manually or using the app's automatic color generation. You can move and transform parts of your sketch, and tools like ZipLine help you create great-looking shapes, straight lines, and more. Everything you create in Linea Go is synced between your iPhone and Linea Sketch on your iPad. $2.99 - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- HIIT Workouts - This app is designed to help you lose weight or reach other fitness and wellness goals with highly-personalized plans with realistic milestones. Plans are developed around you, with 10, 20, and 30-minute workouts recommendations based on your needs. These recommendations change and adapt to you even more as you progress in your program, with various intensities available for each. The app features workouts from expert trainers who offer guidance and encouragement. The app features plenty of stats to track, such as workout history and estimated calorie burn so you always stay on top of your progress. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Halloween's coming, and the featured apps of this week will help you craft the perfect costume, whether you're looking for inspiration or finding supplies.
- Pinterest - Create a Halloween wishlist with Pinterest and fill it with inspiration from others. Covering products from dozens of categories, Pinterest lets you easily find and save ideas that you can share with others in a more visually dynamic way than your standard wish list. And it's not just products. You'll find different recipes and craft ideas on Pinterests that you can try for yourself, maybe even spicing up your holiday party with a special treat that you found on someone's board.. Free- Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Craftsy - If you're looking to craft your own costume, you can use Craftsy to learn the necessary skills. This app offers hundreds of classes in several crafts. Learn to embroider, create paper crafts, decorate cakes, and much more. You'll also be able to act with the millions of people that also take advantage of all Craftsy has to offer, and you can share the creations that have be borne out of what you've learned. You can download and explore Craftsy for free, though the cost of each set of courses will depend on which set it is.. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Michaels Stores - Alright. You've decided on your costume. You've learned the skills to make it. Now it's time to actually buy the supplies to do so. Michaels is a well-known retailer that should have all of the arts and crafts supplies that you need. The official Michaels app makes it easy to find the nearest Michaels store, check on product availability, and save on your purchases with the weekly ad. Get coupons and sign up for Michaels Rewards for free perks to help you save even more. Free- Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.