Trying to figure out how to easily add holidays and sports schedules into the iPhone or iPad Calendar app? Lucky for us Apple actually solved this problem quite a while ago for Mac iCal users. Simply subscribe to Apple's already built calendars and you'll be all set. Read on to find out how!
Sure, you can manually add calendar subscriptions right on your iOS device, but finding them and pasting them in can be a pain. iCal on Mac makes it simple, and if you're already syncing, it can save you some time and effort!
- First, open iCal on your Mac.
- Next, from the top menu choose Calendar and then Find Subscriptions.
- Your web browser should open and direct you to Apple's iCal calendar downloads page.
- From here you can browse from many calendars. Choose the one you want and click Download next to the calendar name.
- Your computer will ask you what program you want to open the file with. iCal should be highlighted. If it's not, select it and tap Ok.
- iCal will automagically open and show you the subscription link. Simply click Subscribe. You should now see the subscribed calendar in your side bar and the events should now be added to your calendar.
- That's it! Simply sync your iPhone or iPad and your calendars will come down. If you have MobileMe, it'll do it by itself with no syncing required.
If you guys subscribe to calendars via Apple, which ones do you use? I find these especially handy for things like holidays and sports schedules as well as astronomy calendars. We live on the beach and sometimes I want to know what time the sun is setting. Sure I can use a weather app but it's nice to be able to set alarms for nights I know I'm going to be around the beach area. How about you guys, any calendars you found that you think are especially cool?
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Your iPhone can look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing with these icons
What you need to know People everywhere are creating gorgeous, customized Home screens. A market for stunning icons has popped up, too. These icons make your iPhone look like a NookPhone from Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Only real fans' iPhones look like NookPhones. There's been a big explosion in the number of people customizing their iPhone Home screens of late thanks to...
NHS COVID-19 app released in England and Wales
The NHS has released its COVID-19 app for England and Wales, featuring risk updates for your area, venue check-in, and of course, contact tracing based on Apple and Google's exposure notification API.
Top 20 home screen customization apps hit 5.7 million downloads in 4 days
Since the release of iOS 14, the desire to customize your home screen is driving record downloads for the apps that help you do it.
Dock it up with these great stations for your MacBook Pro
Need to connect all the things to your MacBook Pro with USB-C ports? Dongles be damned. Get yourself a docking station instead!