What you need to know
- DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 3 have all just appeared on the Nintendo UK store page.
- According to their listings, the games will be released today.
- This was likely a reveal for QuakeCon 2019 that went live early.
- You can't purchase the games yet but that should change within the next several hours.
In a bit of a surprising turnup, NintendoLife just discovered something pretty awesome for DOOM fans: DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 3 have all appeared on the Nintendo UK store! This was likely a reveal or announcement intended for QuakeCon 2019 that has had some listings go live a touch early.
You can't purchase these games yet and as of right now the listings aren't showing up in any non-UK Nintendo online stores, though that will almost certainly change soon. In the meanwhile, you can see the pages for each games right here: DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 3. DOOM and DOOM II are both listed for £3.99 (about $5 USD) while DOOM 3 is listed for £7.99 (about $10 USD).
According to the listings, DOOM includes:
- The expansion, Episode IV: Thy Flesh Consumed, with 9 additional action-packed levels
- Local 4 player deathmatch
- Local 4 player co-op
DOOM II includes:
- The Master Levels, 20 additional levels made by the community and supervised by the developers
- Local 4 player multiplayer
- Local 4 player co-op*
DOOM 3 includes:
- Resurrection of Evil expansion
- The Lost Missions expansion
Remember that DOOM 2016 is available on the Nintendo Switch right now and DOOM Eternal should be releasing on November 22, 2019.
You are the Slayer. Slay.
DOOM Eternal is the sequel to 2016's DOOM reboot. Play as the Slayer as he rips and tears through the legions of Hell in an attempt to save the Earth.
More Cash for Your Switch
Purchase on the go.
If you want to buy something on the Nintendo eShop, the easiest way to do that is through a redeemable voucher, like this $20 card.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance gaming writer who started working for iMore and its sister sites Windows Central and Android Central in July 2019. He handles news, previews, reviews, and exclusive original reporting, and has also been featured on TechRadar.
With a background studying engineering before he shifted his focus to gaming journalism, he's skilled at identifying technical advantages and disadvantages provided by different hardware. If he’s not writing something, he’s off playing video games, spending time with his pets, exercising, or reading. He's also fond of trying to draw things with his iPad.