Now that Pokémon Let's Go is finally out, you're probably doing your best to hit the ground running in your life as a trainer. There are all sorts of things you can do to maximize your time while building XP and loading up that Pokédex and we're going to be here to help you along the way.
One effective way of maximizing your time as a trainer is to know the catch bonuses and how they will affect your play. Here are the catch bonuses that we know about currently.
- Fresh Pokémon - Every time you catch a specific pokemon for the first time you will be rewarded with an XP multiplier. So make sure to keep an eye out for those species you have never caught before
- Repeat Customers - Aside from the bonus you get for catching a Pokémon for the first time, you will also get a bonus when you catch the same ones over and over again. This means that you will be rewarded with an XP multiplier bonus for catching four Rattata in a row!
- Sweat the Technique - The throw of your Pokéball is graded on a scale that ranges all the way from Nice to Excellent. The better your throw, the greater the XP multiplier you will receive. So get out there and start practicing that toss!
- Size Matters - You can also pick up an XP multiplier bonus when you catch Pokémon that are either large or small. Make sure to keep an eye out for the red or blue glow if you are looking for small or large Pokémon
- First Try - Another argument for practicing your throw is the bonus you get for catching a pokémon on the first toss. If you are looking to stack XP multipliers, having a good throw will certainly help you.
- Dock and Toss - It seems that if you are playing in docked mode and use your Joy-Cons or a Poké Ball Plus you will be rewarded with an XP multiplier.
Now that you have a better grasp on all the different catch bonuses and how to get them, you should be a Pokémaster in no time. Now get out there and start catching 'em all!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.