While Pikachu and Eevee (depending on which version you buy) never go in their Poké Ball and instead act as your constant companion, you can actually choose a second Pokémon to leave its Ball and follow you around as you travel the world. Some of these are downright absurd, for example Magikarp will flop around next to you as you run around, but many of the larger Pokémon actually let you ride around on their backs instead of running beside you.
This not only looks cool, it can actually change the way you play the game. Here are the Pokémon we've confirmed you can ride so far in both Let's Go games.
How to ride a Pokémon in Pokémon Let's Go
In order to ride one of your larger critters, you need to take it out of the Poké Ball and set it to follow you.
- Press X on your Joy-Con, or press the red button on your Poké Ball Plus
- Click on Party
- Click on your Pokémon
- Scroll down to *Take out of Poké Ball
When you return to your game, you'll see your selected Pokémon appear behind you.
Every Pokémon you can ride
So far, these are the Pokémon we've found:
How to unlock Persian as a rideable Pokémon
The coolest Pokémon you can ride in the game is Persian, both because it looks cool to ride on a giant cat and because Persian actually makes you go faster in the game. If you ride any other Pokémon you travel at the same speed you normally would without the ride. So, clearly, Persian is something you want. But to get it, you'll need to go through a few steps.
- Head to Vermillion City, and look for the man with the white shirt and torn sleeves (he kinda looks like Ryu from Street Fighter)
- Start a conversation with him
- Select Growlithe over Meowth in the conversation
- Show him five Growlithe you have caught
- Accept the Persian from him
From this point on, you will be able to ride Persian and go quite fast while doing so.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.