Dropbox is one of the most widely used online storage services around. Dropbox for iPhone and iPad is a super convenient way to clear up some on-board storage as long as we remember to be conscious of protecting the data we put there.
Adding a passcode to Dropbox for iOS can help safeguard your important files in the event your iPhone or iPad falls into the wrong hands. Here's how to do it:
- Launch the Dropbox app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Settings icon which is in the bottom right of the navigation menu.
- Under the Settings section, tap on Passcode Lock.
- Type in a 4-digit passcode of your choice that you'll remember. You'll be asked to type it in twice to confirm it.
- A passcode will now be enabled. We also recommend turning the Require Immediately setting to On for further protection from someone gaining access to your Dropbox account.
That's all there is to it. The Dropbox app will now ask for that passcode anytime someone tries to access it from your iPhone and iPad. For those that store a lot of data in Dropbox, losing it could be disastrous and this is just another step to safeguard yourself from that happening.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
A Reddit hack has plastered popular subreddits with pro-Trump messages
Reddit is investigating a series of vandalized communities which have been plastered with pro-Trump messages. Compromised moderators may be the source of the attacks.
Go beyond the Wall in Apple Arcade's Game of Thrones: Tale of Crows
"Game of Thrones" fans can now explore the lands beyond the Wall on their iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
Review: The Porsche Taycan can stream Apple Music, no phone or data needed
The 2020 Porsche Taycan is a sweet ride, but it's also the first to fully integrate Apple Music into its own infotainment system — without your phone or data.
Workout finished? Time to recover with these great post-workout routines
It's important to take care of your body after you push it to its physical max. These are the best post workout recovery routines and why your body will thank you endlessly for them.