Instagram gives you the ability to post photos to Facebook on both your personal profile as well as a business or fan page. If you have your Facebook account linked to Instagram you may notice that by default, Instagram also posts information to your timeline or page about what photos you like or comment on.
If you don't like this behavior, there's an easy way to disable it. Here's how:
- Launch the Instagram app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap on the Profile icon in the bottom navigation. It's the one to the far right.
- Now tap on the Settings icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Under Preferences tap on Share Settings.
- Now tap on Facebook.
- Under Facebook options, turn the option for Share Likes to Timeline to Off.
That's it. Instagram will no longer automatically post information on photos you interact with on your Facebook profile or page.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
iMore senior editor from 2011 to 2015.
Apple reveals the most popular podcasts of 2023 — with the return of an old favorite
"You talkin' for me?" Robert De Niro accuses Apple of censoring his Gotham Awards speech
Adventure through a snow-covered Yosemite with this first look at virtual environments on Apple Vision Pro