If you use Snapchat regularly and have lots of friends, display names can quickly become a mess. While some people use their regular names like good social citizens, others feel the need to change them to non-descriptive nicknames that can create confusion over who is actually sending you a snap. If you prefer order in your Snapchat universe, you can easily override their chosen display name in favor of one of your own creation. Here's how!
How to change the display name for one of your Snapchat friends
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Snapchat icon at the top or just swipe down.
- Tap on My Friends.
- Tap on the friend's name you'd like to change.
- Tap on the settings icon that appears next to their name off to the right.
- Tap on Edit Name in the popup menu.
- Type in the name you'd like to appear when this person communicates with you.
- Tap Save.
- They will now show up as what you've chosen.