If you use Snapchat regularly and have lots of friends, display names can quickly become a mess. While some people use their regular names like good social citizens, others feel the need to change them to non-descriptive nicknames that can create confusion over who is actually sending you a snap. If you prefer order in your Snapchat universe, you can easily override their chosen display name in favor of one of your own creation. Here's how!
How to change the display name for one of your Snapchat friends
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Snapchat icon at the top or just swipe down.
- Tap on My Friends.
- Tap on the friend's name you'd like to change.
- Tap on the settings icon that appears next to their name off to the right.
- Tap on Edit Name in the popup menu.
- Type in the name you'd like to appear when this person communicates with you.
- Tap Save.
- They will now show up as what you've chosen.
Kids swap AirPods and use text-to-speech to "talk" in class
Ever wanted to feel old? See how these kids are using AirPods to avoid being caught "talking" to each other during class.
Apple CEO Tim Cook will join US President Trump for Davos breakfast
Tim Cook will breakfast with Trump at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
Uber testing feature that lets some California drivers set their own fares
Uber is testing a feature in California that will allow drivers to set their own fares, part of a series of changes made in response to California's new gig-economy law.
These Fitbit trackers have a masculine touch
Men like to exercise a certain way (just as women do) and there may be certain aspects of fitness that men like to track more than others. If you're looking for a Fitbit or looking for one to buy your guy, then these are your best choices!