Instagram can be a wonderful social network for sharing and commenting on photos and videos, but sometimes the comments you get on your photos and videos do little more than prove human evolution is really still a work in progress. However, if you get a comment that's rude, crude, or otherwise immature on one of your Instagram photos or videos, hope is not lost — you can delete it or report it for abuse. The method for doing so isn't exactly obvious, but once you figure it out you'll be able to use it whenever you need it.
How to report and delete an Instagram comment
- Launch Instagram from your iPhone Home screen.
- Go to the photo or video that has the comment you want to moderate.
- Tap the Comment button just like you would to leave a new comment.
- Scroll to the comment you want to moderate.
- Swipe from right to left to reveal the Trash can button.
- Tap the Trash can button.
- Choose if you simply want to delete the comment or if you want to report it for abuse.
That's it, the offending comment will be gone and those coming across your Instagram photos or videos will no longer be subjected to anything that's decidedly less than social.
If you have cause to use it, let me know how it works for you!