So, you've just got yourself a new Fitbit, and you want to pair it with your iPhone or iPad. Whether it's the Charge 4 tracker or the Ionic smartwatch, here's how you'll pair your Fitbit with your iPhone.
Products Used In This Guide
- Fitbit's latest tracker: Fitbit Charge 4 ($150 at Fitbit)
- Colorful and powerful: iPhone 11 (From $699)
How to download the Fitbit App for iPhone and iPad
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Search tab. It's the magnifying glass at the bottom of your screen labeled "Search."
Tap on the Search bar.
- Type Fitbit
- Tap the Search button. The blue button in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Tap on the Get or redownloadbutton. The redownload button looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing down.
- Authorize the download with Touch ID, Face ID, or by entering your password.
This will install the Fitbit app on your Home screen so you can access it anytime.
How to sign up for Fitbit in the Fitbit App for iPhone and iPad
The first thing you need to do before you strap on your wristband is join Fitbit.
- Open Fitbit on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Join Fitbit.
Scroll through the list and tap on the Fitbit device you have.
- Tap Set Up.
- Fill out your account details.
Click the Check boxes to agree to the terms of service (mandatory) and to sign up for Fitbit's advertising and news emails (optional).
- Tap Next.
- Tap Let's Go.
Use the sliders to enter your birthday.
- Tap Next.
- Swipe up and down on the ruler to enter your height.
- Select one of the two gender options.
- Tap Next.
Swipe left or right on the slider to enter your weight.
- Tap Create account.
- Scroll down on the terms and conditions.
Tap I Agree.
You now have an account and are almost ready to start using your Fitbit. You just need to pair your wristband to your phone.
How to pair your Fitbit to your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the account button in the upper-right corner of the Fitbit app.
- Tap Set Up a Device.
Select the Fitbit you want to pair from the available list.
- Plug your Fitbit into its charger.
Tap Next. The Fitbit app will now search for your Fitbit device.
- Enter the code that appears on your Fitbit's screen, or tap your Fitbit if it doesn't have a screen.
Tap Next through the setup screens. Read through the information on each screen to learn more about your device.
You are now all logged in and can start tracking all of your activity! Get out there and start moving!
Our top equipment picks
You'll want a Fitbit (the Charge 4 just came out, for instance), and you'll want an iPhone.
It tracks 15 types of workouts, can dive 50 meters into the water, gets seven days of battery life, and does notifications from your iPhone or Android device. It's a truly versatile product for a very reasonable price.
All you need to do is pair your iPhone with your Fitbit, and you're ready to go. The iPhone 11 utilizes Bluetooth 5.0, the latest version of the wireless protocol, allowing for higher data transfer rates and a better range on compatible devices.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.