What you need to know
- The Classicbot iBoy is a thing.
- It's like an iPod but in the form of a gorgeous toy.
- You want one. That's all you need to know.
Classicbot is a name that some will remember as the company most famous for making Apple-inspired plushes. The company's back, and this time it's offering a toy that looks like an iPod. And a robot. And it's stolen my heart.
First spotted by our friends at MacRumors, Classicbot's iBoy is a toy that is made to look like an iPod of yesteryear, complete with the chrome finish around the back. And there are even some Earpods that act as ears. I mean, just look at this thing and tell me that it doesn't do two things:
- Remind you how great the iPod was way back when.
- Make you want to fill a room with these things.
Either way, you can get one of your own for around $30 via the wonderful world of Kickstarter. It's a pre-order situation right now, but given the company's reputation I don't see any issues arising here.
If you do pick one of these things up, you can expect:
• Crafted from high quality ABS plastic
• Glossy white painted body and limbs
• Mirror-like chrome rear finish
• Easily posable magnetic-jointed limbs
• Ultra-fine silk-screened details
• Added weight ensures satisfying heftiness
• Realistic wired headphone connection
• Clickable buttons and turnable wheel
• Stands some 10 cms tall and weighs approx. 100 gms in robot mode
Delivery is expected around November time, so you won't be getting your iBoy soon. But you know what they say? Good things come to those who wait!
'Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special' has its first trailer
It wouldn't be Christmas without Mariah Carey making an appearance on our TVs, would it?
Nintendo Switch is back in stock for its normal $299 price!
The Nintendo Switch is finally back in stock for its regular retail price of $299. Do not miss your chance to get one right now. The Switch sells out fast and is rarely in stock. You won't regret it.
Some great indy apps go unnoticed. Devs, here's how to tell me about them
If you're an independent app developer I want to hear from you. Here's how to get in touch.
Which color Nintendo Switch Lite fits you best?
Choosing between three Switch Lite colors beckons the question: "Which one should I get?" We break down the differences to help you reach the best decision.