What you need to know
- Apple Arcade is a subscription-based service for games on iOS devices.
- These games range from a wide variety of developers, including independent developers.
- Some new games will be coming to the service in the coming weeks.
The subscription-based mobile gaming platform, Apple Arcade is, in no uncertain terms, one of the best mobile gaming platforms currently on the market. At just $4.99 a month, you can be sure to come across some quality games, avoiding the arduous task of sifting through all of the shovelware in app stores.
Some games and updates that are now available:
- Game Dev Story — A simulation game that sees players manage and build up their game development and publishing company from scratch.
- CHARRUA SOCCER — Have some fun in the sun with this vibrant game that lets you compete in a beach soccer tournament! With the new update, players can dribble soccer balls in style on new soccer fields located on warm, sandy beaches.
- All of You — This family-firendly puzzle adventure features twelve new levels, alongside a new solutions books for players who just can't seem to wrap their noggin around a certain puzzle. Don't worry, it happens to all of us!
- Jetpack Joyride — From the creators of Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride is a retro endless runner where you manouver giant mech dragons, birds that shoot money and bullet-powered jetpacks.
Coming to Apple Arcade June 25, 2021
- Leo's Fortune — Part of the App Store Best of 2014 and Apple Design Award winner, Leo's Fortune is a unique platform adventure game where you follow the titular Leo, a loveable mustachioed fuzzball across stunning environments.
- INKS — This gorgeous puzzle game, as the name suggests, sees players solve problems using realistic-looking inks in many different colors. INKS is amazing, winning the App Store Best of 2016 and the Apple Design Award.
What are your favorite games on the Apple Arcade platform? Let us know in the comments!
Gaming on-the-go or at home
No matter where you are, no matter what your interests encompass, there's an app for that. From games to finance to education, discover the world of Apple's App Store and customise your mobile experience to your liking!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.