What you need to know
- Fortnite and TikTok are partnering together to create the Emote Royale Contest.
- Players can create their personalized dance and upload it to TikTok, with the chance to have their dance animated into the game.
- Other prizes include 25,000 V-Bucks, real-life swag, and more.
Fortnite players who have been utilizing an iPad Pro are in for a big treat, as the game has just received an update that allows for the tablet to run Fortnite at 120 frames per second.
The latest update (opens in new tab) for the iOS version of Fortnite is out now, and if you happen to have the 2018 iPad Pro, you can now enable 120fps mode, which should leave your game feeling incredibly smoother and running a bit better.
However, it's important to note that enabling the mode does come at a cost, as the resolution and visual settings for Fortnite get dropped down to "medium" when 120fps mode is activated. This means you're unable to play Fortnite at its maximum settings, but the ability to utilize 120fps in a game like Fortnite might be worth the tradeoff for some players.
Epic has done a great job of making the mobile versions of Fortnite incredibly viable as a way to play the game. Alongside the 120fps addition, Epic has also added thumbtack button support on devices running iOS 13 or above. For players who don't have access to a gaming console or PC but still want to experience Fortnite, it's never been easier - or played better - than this.
- Related: Fortnite Winterfest is here, brings festive gifts, challenges, and more
- Related: Fortnite and TikTok Partner to Host Emote Contest
Jump into the worldwide phenomenon
Fortnite has taken the gaming world by storm and is one of the biggest games on the planet to this day. For players looking to jump in and experience the thrill, the game is entirely free to play and can be downloaded now.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.