What you need to know
- Apple has posted a new Today at Apple session to its YouTube channel.
- The new training shows you how to shoot and edit a looping video using the Clips app.
Apple's latest Today at Apple video wants to help you create looping video in the Clips app.
Earlier today, Apple posted a new Today at Apple session video to its official Apple YouTube channel. The new video, hosted by Jahmyra and Romain Laurent, helps you learn how to create looping videos in the company's Clips app.
Learn how to direct, shoot, and edit looping video magic on iPhone with director Romain Laurent and Jahmyra from Today at Apple.
Apple says that, in order to create the videos, you'll need an iPhone and the Clips app. The company says that a selfie stick is helpful, but is not necessarily required.
Here is a breakdown of the video if you'd like to skip to a particular section of the training:
- 0:55 - Jahmyra meets Romain Laurent (@romain_laurent)
- 2:20 - What you'll need
- 2:39 - Step 1: Make a simple loop
- 5:16 - Step 2: Match your movement
- 5:49 - Step 3: Add something unexpected
- 6:31 - Final looping videos revealed
- 8:25 - Jahmyra discusses her top three takeaways
- 8:50 - How to export your video loop
Apple has also provided a number of links to documentation if you want to dive even further into how the Clips app works and what you can create with it:
- How to import and export videos in Clips
- How to edit videos in Clips
- How to share videos with Clips
- Clips app user guide
- More video projects to try on iPad
Today at Apple made a strategic shift during the pandemic and began hosting its typically in-store training online. Even more recently, the company began to post its Today at Apple sessions to the Apple YouTube channel, making its training even more accessible to the Apple community.
If you'd like to stay up to date on the latest Today at Apple sessions, subscribe to the Apple YouTube channel. If you want to figure out the best iPhone for creating looping video for you, check out our list of the Best iPhone in 2021.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.