What you need to know
- Apple Arcade is a subscription-based service for games on iOS devices.
- These games range from a wide variety of developers, including independent developers.
- Some new games, including Apple Arcade originals, will be coming to the service in the coming weeks.
Apple Arcade continues to provide excellent value in a mobile market that seems rife with low-quality titles. For the low subscription cost of $4.99 a month, you can have hundreds of quality games at your disposal.
Here's what's coming soon to Apple Arcade:
- Baldo — An Arcade Originals title developed by NAPS team, Baldo is a beautiful game that takes inspiration from the classic Studio Ghibli movies. It's an action adventure RPG that requires players to solve puzzles and intricate dungeons. Players are encouraged to talk to NPCs in the overworld to learn their stories, and to venture on both the main quests and charming side quests.
- Asphalt 8: Airborne — This racing game developed by Gameloft contains one of the greatest vehicle collections the App Store has ever seen. Players can choose from over 240 vehicles, including games like Ferrari, Ducati, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Audi, McLaren, Bugatti, Ford and Chevrolet. Over 50 high-speed tracks are available to race on, and limited-time events provide something for players to look forward to every day.
Launching this Friday:
- Detonation Racing — Coming in hot from the developers of Forza Street and Hot Wheels id, Detonation Racing is a chaotic racer that can be enjoyed solo, locally, or online with players around the world. The vibrant, stylized art style and chaotic environment make this a must-play on Apple Arcade.
Here are some recent updates:
- SP!NG — Players can now use a new theme called PARK L!FE, work towards new achievements, 12 new characters and 18 new levels.
- Mini Motorways — The latest "round Trip" update allows players to explore two new maps, a new GIF tool that players can use to capture or share GIFs of their cities, a new roundabout upgrade, new daily and weekly challenges, and much more.
What games do you keep returning to on Apple Arcade? Let us know in the comments!
Gaming on-the-go or at home
No matter where you are, no matter what your interests encompass, there's an app for that. From games to finance to education, discover the world of Apple's App Store and customise your mobile experience to your liking!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Nadine is a freelance writer for iMore with a specialty in all things Nintendo, often working on news, guides, reviews, and editorials. She's been a huge Nintendo fan ever since she got to pet her very own Nintendog, and enjoys looking at Nintendo's place in the video game industry. Writing is her passion, but she mostly does it so that she can pay off her ever-growing debt to Tom Nook. Her favorite genres are simulation games, rhythm games, visual novels, and platformers. You can find her at @stopthenadness on Twitter, where she'll more than likely be reposting cute Animal Crossing content.