What you need to know
- Nome creates the perfect mixtape that begins when you leave and ends when you arrive at your destination.
- CarPlay support makes the app perfect for those long car journeys.
Commuters know all too well that picking the right playlist can make all the difference. Nome is an app that helps with that, but with a twist. Ferdasoft, the people behind the app, say it can create a mixtape that will perfectly fit the duration of your journey – no more songs ending early because you reached your destination.
What's more, I'm told that the app will even take into account things like delays and detours, automatically recalculating your mixtape to make it fit the new journey time.
What else can Nome do?
- Find new places - Search nearby for restaurants, shopping, and other categories
- Get information on a place - Get ratings, pricing, hours, and other useful data from available businesses
- Always get to your destination - Use Turn-by-Turn directions to easily find your way to your destination
- Stop along the way - Find restaurants, gas stations, and EV chargers as you go
- Music Only Directions - If you already know the way, use Music Only directions to get a tailored queue for your trip and an ETA without on-screen directions
- Share ETA - Share your ETA from Turn-by-Turn or Music Only directions with friends, family, or anyone else (even those without the Nome app)
- Widget - See an ETA to a suggested location anywhere on your home screen and or the next step if you're using Turn-by-Turn
You can download Nome from the App Store now (opens in new tab). It's a free app with in-app purchases unlocking additional features.
Still missing out on CarPlay? These are just some of the best CarPlay-enabled audio receivers on the market today.
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.