Parcel tracking app Deliveries gets a huge update, including subscription
What you need to know
- Deliveries has a big new update out for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
- It brings a redesigned Apple Watch app, drag and drop, and more.
- There's also a switch to a subscription model, too.
Deliveries was already one of the best apps for tracking parcels and whatnot and whenever you see someone sharing a delivery schedule for that new Apple product it seems to be a Deliveries screenshot. The app just got a big version 9.0 update, bringing some new features and a switch to a subscription model.
Starting with the features, it's clear that this is way more than a case of a developer JuneCloud adding a fresh coat of paint and calling it a day.
The full list of changes – and it's a long list – can be found on the JuneCloud site but some of the biggest include:
- A fresh look: We've touched up every detail to make it easier to keep track of your shipments. Dark mode is included, and support for all text sizes is improved.
- Drag and drop: Rest your finger then drag to reorder deliveries. On iPad, drop emails, links, or text onto the app to add shipments. You can also drag deliveries to other apps, like Files or Safari.
- Tracking history: For most services, the full history is shown in the app, and it's archived with the delivery if you ever need to look it up.
- Sync: Both iCloud and Junecloud are faster and more reliable. You can also use both, for the benefits of iCloud without missing out on Junecloud features like "Mail to Deliveries" and web access.
Improvements come to the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch versions of the Deliveries app, too.
This does, of course, also mean that Deliveries is now a subscription-based app. Something that's outlined right inside the release notes. It isn't being hidden, that's for sure.
Pricing is reasonable, too.
I'd suggest checking out that link above if you're looking for more information. I've been using Deliveries for years and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it. You can download Deliveries from the App Store now (opens in new tab).
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Oliver Haslam has written about Apple and the wider technology business for more than a decade with bylines on How-To Geek, PC Mag, iDownloadBlog, and many more. He has also been published in print for Macworld, including cover stories. At iMore, Oliver is involved in daily news coverage and, not being short of opinions, has been known to 'explain' those thoughts in more detail, too.
Having grown up using PCs and spending far too much money on graphics card and flashy RAM, Oliver switched to the Mac with a G5 iMac and hasn't looked back. Since then he's seen the growth of the smartphone world, backed by iPhone, and new product categories come and go. Current expertise includes iOS, macOS, streaming services, and pretty much anything that has a battery or plugs into a wall. Oliver also covers mobile gaming for iMore, with Apple Arcade a particular focus. He's been gaming since the Atari 2600 days and still struggles to comprehend the fact he can play console quality titles on his pocket computer.