In its update, Pebble provides some videos of the Pebble Time in action and notes that users will enjoy a new timeline interface, expanded app storage, a new sports app, and more when the device launches later this month. Here's the full breakdown from Pebble:
- New timeline Interface. Review Past, Present, and Future events you care about right from your watch. Initial support includes timeline pins for calendars, sports scores, and weather.
- Expanded app storage. Goodbye, 8-app limit! Pebble Time will store as many apps and faces as possible on the watch itself. When needed, an app or face not currently stored will automatically install from your Android or iOS device.
- New Sports app. Keep tabs on the latest MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, NCAAF, and NCAAM scores with an official Sports app. Find which teams you want to follow to get start times, score updates, and more sent directly to your timeline.
- Redesigned system apps in color. Alarms, Calendar, Music, Notifications, Sports, and Settings are all redesigned for Pebble Time's new color e-paper display.
- Voice replies to Android notifications. Dictate short replies for app notifications that allow direct text replies.
In addition to the above features, Pebble covers some others that are planned for a future update, including:
- Voice response to Gmail notifications on iOS.
- Voice notes app.
- Stocks app.
- Weather watchface.
- Album art view for the Music app.
All of this comes as Pebble begins mass-production starting this week, with shipments set to begin in the second half of May. If you're curious about the exact shipment process, Pebble breaks it down in detail in its post at the source link below.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!